CLC's Pocketship Under Sail

CLC's Pocketship Under Sail
CLC's Pocketship Under Sail

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

More Hull & Bulkheads

Weekly update (starting now lol).
This step (stitching in bulkheads) is on p.67. If you read far enough ahead (p.83, but is first pictured on p.72), a temporary lower-breast-hook needs to be installed between now and the glassing stage (future builders take note). I will remove the actual lower-breast-hook right before fiberglassing this area.
Also, notice I added a bit of plywood vertically behind bulkhead 2. That's where the wiring will be tied down later.

I added the cleat on bulkhead 2 at this point because so many people were having problems here when attaching it earlier. However, I have my own challenge: the R.Bottom Hull is bulging upwards about 1" at Floor#3. When I put my weight on it, it drops that floor even with the rest. I hope as construction continues, that will pop into place. Just in case, I plan to add some weight there during filleting and glassing and hope it holds. I guess that's why not too many people build wooden boats in the VERY DRY Arizona desert (this stuff is warping, but the overall construction should iron most of it out). 

No comments:

Post a Comment