CLC's Pocketship Under Sail

CLC's Pocketship Under Sail
CLC's Pocketship Under Sail

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I'm The First!

Whilst preparing to assemble the hull and its cradle, I quickly realized that I will be seriously limited on space to build that AND cut remaining sheets later on (fyi, there are 2 cars in the driveway that i'll be too lazy to move every time I want to do some large cutting).  So, I decided to take the time to cut everything now. Next thing I knew, the "boat yard" got a little bigger (imagine that).
I also attempted to cut my transom out of the "half-sheet" of ply, per the plans, and, guess what? You can't cut a 58" transom out of 48" square of ply. Not even diagonally. I brought this to John C.'s attention and he was just as surprised since it seems I'm the first one (out of dozens of PS builders) to attempt this feat. He's makin it right by sending me another transom. What a guy!
What I've been doing these last few weekends. EVERYTHING cut! 
Next: Stitch & glue the hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment